This version of libstdc++ is not supported

Hello, i’m getting this output when i run computecpp_info, but i don’t know how to change the libstdc++ version. I don’t found any useful information in the internet.

********************************************************************************

ComputeCpp Info (CE 2.1.0)

SYCL 1.2.1 revision 3

********************************************************************************

Toolchain information:

GLIBC version: 2.27
GLIBCXX: 20190605
This version of libstdc++ is not supported.
Consider switching to one of these supported versions:

Device Info:

Cannot find any devices on the system. Please refer to your OpenCL vendor documentation.

Hi @salih.candir,

computecpp_info has the “not supported” category to indicate that we don’t really support environments that don’t match what it expects exactly. I think however you should be able to run ComputeCpp fine on your machine. Arguably the message isn’t that helpful any more.

Duncan.

1 Like

@duncan and @salih.candir, I too had this issue–pretty much the exact output. I wish there was more info on how to fix it as I would like to use the compute_info tool. This is a confusing issue to me, actually. I have gcc 6.3.1, but my GLIBCXX ranges from GLIBCXX_3.4.1 to GLIBCXX_3.4.19.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Aaron, Thanks for the message. We are in the process of removing the error message as it is not very useful for users. You can ignore the This version of libstdc++ is not supported message and your setup should work fine.

I just wanted to follow up, these checks have been removed in ComputeCpp 2.3. In general, if computecpp_info runs fine, the ComputeCpp library should as well.

1 Like